- I was born in Nashville TN and lived there until I was 5 years old.
- The first church I recall attending was Madison Church of Christ. Ira North was the preacher and Ray Walker - a former Jordonaire for Elvis -was our song leader. I think the song service there was a major influence over my love for singing and music.
- Mom taught me to make brownies at age 6. There were no mixes to buy back then. I have enjoyed cooking and eating ever since.
- I was bored out of my mind as a child, and was an only child for 11 years.
- My family often attended a country church with my grandmother. I remember using the outhouse, and was terrified of the wasps and spiders in there.
- Our home in Castalian Springs had a sulfur water well. The water would turn our tub brown. My job was to scour the tub weekly with COMET and bleach it white. Then when I took a bath, the water would turn the tub brown again - except for the area where I sat, leaving a "BUTT PRINT." I looked forward to leaving my mark - remember I was a very bored only child for a long time.
- My first boyfriend was Matt Strader who asked me to homecoming in 7th grade. He tried to get me to accompany him to the fire escape at half-time, but I didn't think much of his idea.
- Richard Beard was and still is my real boy friend. Our first date was in a banana yellow Chevette with wood grain side panels. This car originally belonged to Max Lucado. This was also the first car I ever drove. Richard decided to teach me to drive on a gravel road near my home. I was thrilled - my Dad was NOT!
- I had my own mother as a teacher in 5th grade. The year was 1975 and teachers didn't tolerate unacceptable behavior. She had a wooden paddle that was painted pastel pink. She would line us up and whack our rears when we didn't tow the line. I recall being in the rear whacking line more than once. I think she let students sign their names to the paddle if their rears were ever whacked with it.
- I write right handed, but bat and swing a golf club left handed. My dad had this same unusual ability. Can someone explain this?
- Often I feel very dull and quite bored in spite of being so busy.
- Winter is my least favorite season.
- I am tired of driving a mini van and want a Dodge Charger because they look neat.
- I can't stand it when a game box gets stepped on and the corners get torn. I want to throw the game away, and go by a new one. Can someone explain this?
- I can't stand people in line ahead of me who refuse to pull their cart on through the checkout. Can someone explain this too?
Here at this Post you will find a glimpse into the lives of the five Beards. Our life long goal is for God to be happy with us as we live our lives here on earth. We love the home school lifestyle and all the peace it brings to our family. If I could sum up my mission statement as a Mom to three and wife to one, it would be "educating for eternity."
Wednesday, January 30, 2008
Stuff You Might or Might NOT Want to Know About Me
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
And you love lists! :-)
I like reading your lists too.
I'm the same way when it comes to golf and baseball. Must be a hereditary thing.
The butt mark thing made me laugh out loud!
Post a Comment