- No waiting in line to use the potty
- Can wear PJ's to class
- No waiting in long lunch lines
- Can work at own pace
- Can do art everyday
- Can learn about fractions while baking and eating brownies
- Can ask Mom to review fraction lesson daily :)
- Each student is always the teacher's pet
- No more cafeteria food EVER!
- Can grow together as a family
On a more serious note, according to a study quoted by Dr. Kent Hovind, "75% of children raised in Christian homes who attend public school in America will lose their faith during their first year in college." That's an alarming stat and it saddens me.
We have never regretted our decision to home school our children. There are so many blessings we have received through our home school journey. However, the main reason we continue to home school the kids is that it believe doing so will bring them one step closer to Heaven. God has blessed all of us deeply and we are so very thankful for the privilege to teach our own from a different perspective than the world offers.
It seems like yesterday Ethan was 5 years old and eager to learn. We had a child sized table in our kitchen, and I had a bookcase in the corner which held our school "library." I remember his feet didn't quite touch the floor and he would swing those pink bare feet back and forth in the air as he fill up his math worksheets. Time has passed too quickly, and now he is half finished with his junior year. He does all his work independently in his room with the door closed. He has taken on adult responsibilities, works a part-time a job with pride, and maintains an A average. I have cherished each passing year and the only regret I have in home schooling is that time has passed too quickly for me. Maybe not for the kids, but it has for me.
Through all my growing up years, I never ever imagined myself being a home school MOM. But God had other plans I guess. As Richard and I have grown to understand that this is our calling, God has given us tremendous peace. This peace is not from being super parents, for we are far from being that. But the peace comes in knowing that God will lead and direct our children's lives, in spite of our shortcomings if we continue down this path. This is the "Educating for Eternity" part of our purpose - and a very fulfilling one I might add.
If you have little ones at home and are thinking about their future - prayerfully give home schooling some thought. You might be pleasantly surprised where the journey takes you!
1 comment:
i LOVE home schooling!!!
hope ;)
Post a Comment