Monday, March 31, 2008

Remembering Her...........

I promise more "upbeat" posts in April, with the blossoms and blooms. However, I just couldn't let March pass by without remembering........





My earliest childhood memory - on the church pew with Her, holding her soft, beautiful hands and feeling so very secure in Her calming presence -


Watching Her juggle duties of wife, mother, teacher, and student as she strived to improve herself by going to college, and eventually earning a Master's degree -


Seeing Her unconditionally love those who really weren't that lovable -


Observing Her steel determination to keep on keeping on, never accepting defeat -


Knowing I could count on Her to always remain a woman of deep integrity and grace -


Knowing I owe Her such debt for Her example as a true Christian -



Thanks Mom for setting high standards for Jason and me.
Thanks Mom for correcting my grammar every time I spoke incorrectly.
Thanks Mom for insisting I spend the summer between 3rd and 4th grade learning the mulitplication tables by heart.
Thanks Mom for teaching me to cook. It makes Richard very happy.
Thanks Mom for teaching me patience by first being so patient with me.
Thanks Mom for showing me that I should value most the things which cannot be bought.
Thanks Mom for paddling me in front of the whole class while I was your student in 5th grade.
Thanks Mom for loving God's creation by collecting creatures and critters with me. I'll never forget Luna Moths and Monarch Butterfiles.
Thanks Mom for always praying for me, always loving our family, and for the example you set for so many. You're gone but not forgotten - absent but still influencing. I try every day to be the kind of Mom to our children that you were to me. Loving you always!







Mryna Faye Armstrong Bybee

10/27/40-3/26/1994


No comments: